Monday, May 11, 2009

Babymoon Weekend

Dana and I took a couple of days off and had a ‘babymoon.’ Kind of like a honeymoon, but before the baby arrives. I don’t care what you call it; a 4 day weekend is a 4 day weekend.

Editor's Note:The Wikipedia definition of a babymoon is a period of time that parents spend bonding with a recently-born baby. Our definition is a period of time relaxing before the baby is born.

I wish we had some exciting stories to tell, but we ended up staying around town doing a lot of relaxing. Dana had come up with a list of things for me to do, and I threatened to take us out of town if she was going to make me do it. Also, if I caught her in the baby’s room organizing things (this is what she does… a lot!) I would yank her out of town as well. This weekend was all about relaxation.

I am not very good at relaxing, but I found the off switch very quickly. I even was on good behavior as we went shopping. Dana usually asks me when we go shopping, “How much more good behavior do you have?” I will give her a gauge of how much time (it’s usually in minutes.) Now that she is pregnant, I can ask her the same question about her appetite. When she tells me, ‘I have about 15 minutes before I will get cranky,’ it means ‘you’ve got 5 minutes to find a Dunkin Donuts.’

Oscar got a haircut on Sunday. The only reason I bring this up is because whenever he comes back, he ends up looking just like Falcor from, The Never Ending Story. This look always seems to prompt my pathetic Falcor impression, which, in reality, sounds more like “The Voice” on Seinfeld (“Heellooo! Come ride on meeeee! La, la, la.”)




"Come ride meeee! La, la, la."





Speaking of Oscar, he hovers over the baby like it’s his. I am going to bring him on the Maury Povich show. “The paternity test is in and, Oscar…you are NOT the father.” I don’t have the heart to do that, so he can keep on believing that.


Like I said, not a very eventful weekend.

No comments: